Thursday, June 19, 2008

Who is My Father?

An Embarrassing Experience

Who is My Father?

I remember clearly that I had an embarrassing experience in 1992 because I made a little and cute mistake. Since my parents got married, my family has been in Pocheon, Korea near the 38 line because my father has worked for the army of the Republic of Korea. My hometown looked a little dangerous country because of closing the North Korea. That is why there are a lot of troops near my hometown. When I was about 7 years old, I visited my father’s workplace which was an 8th army division to give his lunch to him. I tried to pass by the guard with my father’s lunchbox, but he caught me and asked my purpose. I had tried to explain my situation for 20 minutes. However, they did not permit me to go there, so I ended up crying sorrowfully. The guard was embarrassed and tried to stop me. 5 minutes later, while I was crying, I saw my father came to me. Then I ran and hugged to my father. In addition, I said the guard “he is my father, you’re wrong. You’d better apologize to me.” Strangely, my father rent me from his arm as well as the guard still did not apologize to me. At that time, I knew that he was not my father after I saw my father that I thought my father. All of a uniform were same, so I misunderstood that. After all, I didn’t give the lunch to my father, and my father was getting very hungry.

No comments: